I have been working on this tack trunk on and off for over a year, but it’s finally finished and delivered to my daughter who has been patiently awaiting it’s arrival!
I used a red oak stain for the outside of the trunk, but kept the inside of the trunk stained a lighter color so that it would be easier to view the contents in low light levels. I also added multiple coats of a spar urethane as a top coat for protection from the elements.
It has been a long time coming but the end results are worth it. If you are interested in building your own trunk using this design I have plans available for download directly from the website. Visit the Downloadable Woodworking Plans page.
If you interested in seeing more photos of the finished tack trunk I’ve included a slide show below for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy, and thanks for reading.